Improving women’s lives through better health during mid-life and beyond.
The Women’s Mid-Life Health Program helps women in several ways by providing a variety of resources to:
women who are approaching menopause (called peri-menopause)
women who are in the post-menopausal phase of life
other associated health care professionals such as pharmacy, nutrition, nursing, medical and nursing students.
Our Program helps women to make informed decisions about their mid-life health by:
exploring options to manage their peri/post menopausal symptoms
promoting healthy lifestyle choices to prevent disease
identifying women at higher risk of disease through appropriate screening
providing diagnosis and optimal treatment
Our Program is committed to providing:
1. Education, information, assessment, diagnosis and treatment for women who have been referred by their family doctor, nurse practitioner or naturopathic medicine doctor
2. Community education and information about menopause (peri and post) through free public forums and at your work-place.
3. Information and learning opportunities for clinicians and students of other health related areas.
4. Participation in research.
5. Collaboration with other health care-giving agencies.
6. Collaboration and information-sharing with other national and international menopause clinics.
7. Commitment to maintaining the most current research-based knowledge about women’s health
• Annually our doctors and nurse attend the North American Menopause Society (NAMS) conference and other conferences including the International Menopause Society Conference and Sigma (Special Interest Group Menopause and Aging). They are NAMS Certified Menopause Practitioners.
•The services provided by the Program enhance the continuing care provided by family physicians and specialists.
Improving Women's Lives Through Better Health in Mid-Life and Beyond